[Tagging] Features underwater (inside reservoirs)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:12:21 UTC 2020

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 02:13, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/6/20 9:30 pm, Paul Allen wrote:
>
> From those, it appears that the condition is free-form text except for
> cases
> like opening hours.
>
> Opening_hours provides for free form text.

I expressed my point unclearly.  It appears from the examples that the
condition is free-form text.  However, when the condition specifies
opening hours then those hours should be expressed in the standard
form for opening_hours.  That opening_hours allows free-form text is
a digression.  Unless you were seriously suggesting that we
abuse opening_hours as a way of introducing free-form text into
a condition even though it appears (to me, at least) that conditions
permit free-form text anyway.

Do you concur that a conditional such as "(low water)" is permissible?  If
so, do you agree that it is a better solution than "seasonal" or
"intermittent"?
Using "seasonal" is unhelpful because low water is possible (if unlikely)
during all seasons.  Using "intermittent" is somewhat better.

But both "seasonal" and "intermittent" are (currently) only defined as
applying to water(ish) features themselves, not to things that are under
those features.  Changes would have to be made to routers to allow
either seasonal or intermittent to be interpreted correctly when applied
to ways.  Routers already (I hope) interpret conditionals.

--
Paul