[Tagging] Features underwater (inside reservoirs)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 19:09:22 UTC 2020

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 19:24, Cornelis <cornelis.H at web.de> wrote:

> • According to the wiki it is not only in use with water(ish) tags. Some
> examples are listed and ice_rink is one of them.

Has physics changed that much since I was at school?  Ice is no longer
a form of water?  Must be all that quantum mechanics or dark oojamaflips. :)

> In this wiki entry seasonal is listed as possible tag, too. So seasonal
> could apply here in general.

It could, and maybe one day routers will take it into account.  Or maybe
not.

• The bridge does not fall dry every autumn but only in hot years with
> little rain, thus in the concrete situation seasonal seems not the best tag
> from my point of view.

Yeah, it's too erratic for seasonal to be a good description, even if it
were
applicable.

> Intermittent is more strictly bound to water, so that won't apply either.

The bridge is under water, but the bridge itself is not intermittent.  The
route
over the bridge is intermittent, but it's not a water route.

> I think I will go with the conditional and a free-form text. In my eyes,
> that accords with the wiki documentation.

I think it's the best option.  And works reasonably well with any router
that
handles conditionals even if it doesn't understand the condition: by default
you cannot get from A to B by crossing the bridge.

--
Paul