[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:51:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 05:47, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchfamily.org> wrote:

> “Greenway” [1] was a term unknown to me too

I only found out when I looked at the link you provided that we have
"foreshoreways", & one most prominently mentioned is only about 2k from
where I live!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenway_(landscape)#Foreshoreway

But back on topic (& you're probably all getting bored with us continually
saying it!), but here in Oz, "tracks" are almost always unpaved (grass or
dirt / rock surface) & they are frequently open for public recreational use
by vehicle, not "reserved for forestry or agricultural use"

Thanks

Graeme