[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:29:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 02:10, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think anyone is saying that tracks can't have additional uses,
> just that one of those uses has to be forestry, agriculture (and maybe
> mineral extraction/energy).

They HAVE to have one of those uses?  Really?  No exceptions.

Back in my pre-OSM days, I rather naively assumed a track was a way that was
not a public route and which had ruts left by the vehicles that used it.
As in
the vehicles left tracks in the ground.  Obviously, I'm far more confused
now and have no idea what anything means any more.

--
Paul