[Tagging] Replace the "DecoTurf" value

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:51:05 UTC 2020

On 13/6/20 7:03 am, Steve Lee wrote:
> "DecoTurf" is not a common name, but a brand name. It  is also not a
> genericized trademark. We may need a broader term to classify
> surfaces. "Hardcourt" seems to be used exclusively for tennis courts,
> literally does not refer to a certain material. However, most of
> hardcourt surface are acrylic based, which is one of the ITF's
> classification of tennis court surface types. So I think "acrylic"  is
> a suitable value to classify the surface of the courts.

Acrylic I tend to associate with paint and plastics.

 From satellite imagery I simply used 'paved' where I can determine it
is not a 'natural' surface.

Only some ~600 uses of DecoTurf.

Only some ~20 uses of Hardcourt.

Surface is used some 31,000,000 times so the above 2 may not be rendered
anyway being such a small proportion.. possibly lumped into 'paved' if
anyone bothers.