[Tagging] Milk Churn Stands

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 18:43:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 at 19:32, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree with mapping these as man_made=milk_churn_stand and adding
> disused=yes when this is known, since a used vs disused stone or concrete
> stand will look exactly the same.

The two will look different when milk churns are put on the stand for
collection.

However, in the UK they are all disused (as far as their original purpose
goes).
Surprisingly (to me) EU regulations still permit milk to be transported in
churns
but they must have some means of refrigeration so I doubt this happens in
many places (the EU regulations mention "in-container refrigeration" which
probably wouldn't fit in the old-style churns).

--
Paul