[Tagging] Path or track with many fallen trees

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 00:56:45 UTC 2020

It's a tricky one, but whatever is done I would need re-checking frequently
to know when it was cleared.

You could just add a single barrier=log somewhere as a rough approximation,
or add barrier=log to the way segment which is affected.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier=log says it should only be
used on a node, but if you don't know exactly where then I'd say using it
on the way would be fine.

You could also consider using one of the stages of decay lifecycle prefix
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix#Stages_of_decay eg
disused:highway=track, where disused is "Not currently available for use,
but could be reinstated easily".

For a path my rule of thumb is sac_scale=demandig_mountain_hiking means you
need to use your hands and arms to get over something, so if that's the
case because of logs, then I'd tag it that way.

Lastly you can add a description so users could be presented with a text
notice about the way http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:description