[Tagging] Path or track with many fallen trees

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:13:02 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 26. Jun 2020, at 15:59, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Trees have been there sometime by the looks of them, and are unlikely to be cleared. To the FS this track no longer exists (they have blocked its only junction with the larger network with a mount of earth), so they will not be removing the trees.  Way seems to get little traffic, even foot traffic.

it’s up to your judgement, in my area if blocked with a mound this would not be a track anymore. You can decide whether keeping it for hikers (if legally and physically possible, i.e. highway=path) or putting it in decay state is more appropriate (e.g. abandoned:highway=track which will effectively  remove it from most maps). I would not completely delete it if it is still “mostly there”. Maybe an additional  “note” with some explanations for your fellow mappers could also be helpful

Cheers Martin