[Tagging] Path or track with many fallen trees

Kevin Broderick ktb at kevinbroderick.com
Fri Jun 26 14:37:32 UTC 2020

Are they natural deadfall or human-cut?

I've seen photos of places where the USFS has felled a substantial number
of trees across a road that's being decommissioned (or just razed, as it
was never properly part of the forest road system to begin with). I believe
the intent is to both eliminate illicit motorized use and to discourage
environmental impacts that might occur if the road remained in place.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:59 AM Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I have used many of them.
>
> This is the way in question: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/819638979
>
> Trees have been there sometime by the looks of them, and are unlikely to
> be cleared. To the FS this track no longer exists (they have blocked its
> only junction with the larger network with a mount of earth), so they will
> not be removing the trees.  Way seems to get little traffic, even foot
> traffic.
>

> Mike

Kevin Broderick
ktb at kevinbroderick.com