[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - Qanat"

Walker Bradley walker.t.bradley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:11:05 UTC 2020

I concur that historic or heritage should be secondary tags.

Regarding man_made=qanat versus canal=qanat, it is worth pointing out that qanats surface and become surface canals for irrigation and distribution.  Thus, it would be continuity to go from waterway=canal, canal=qanat, tunnel=yes to waterway=canal instead.  Thoughts?