[Tagging] Automated edit of image tags suggestion

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Jun 28 19:48:34 UTC 2020

On 27.06.20 11:18, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
> unlike other many image gathering sites, images there are
> likely to be reusable and with at least basic info being
> machine readable

None of this changes if the Commons image is linked from the image tag,
though. And in fact, I feel these traits (open license, machine-readable
metadata) should be turned into requirements for any image linked from
image=*.

> I would prefer to not mix it with image=*

Would you consider it desirable to have multiple images linked for the
same object (one per hosting platform)? If so, how should a data
consumer select one of them to display?

(Of course, this points at the fundamental issue that the selection of
an image for image=* and similar tags is inherently subjective, so
arguably a poor fit for OSM in the first place. But I guess that's one
of those "it's sufficiently useful/popular to make an exception from the
rules" scenarios.)