[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:16:45 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 29. Jun 2020, at 00:59, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It doesn't explicitly say alcoholic beverages, so it doesn't fit pubs.

To decide the kind of place I would not look whether a place sells alcohol or not, as this is not a question of typology but if drug legislation (e.g. in Germany but also in Italy, most places will sell you alcohol, you do need a license AFAIK, but it seems it is not difficult to get). You can get alcohol at gas stations, at Mc Donald’s, at fast food places, pubs, supermarkets, convenience stores, cafes, bars, pubs, etc.

> I doubt the economics are so different that meals aren't more profitable
> than drinks.

from what I heard, drinks are more profitable than meals, restaurants make a significant part of their profit with drinks

Cheers Martin

btw, this whole conversation is partly offtopic because we are now focusing on cafe and fast food, restaurant etc while the thread is mainly about “sweet bakeries”.