[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:08:39 UTC 2020

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 08:59, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Harder, as somebody else pointed out, is a McDonalds with seats.  It's
> fast food, but it has seats.  I'd map it as a cafe with takeaway=yes since
> we don't appear to have the option for fast food with seating=yes.

But McDonalds call themselves "restaurants"!

It doesn't explicitly say alcoholic beverages, so it doesn't fit pubs.
> There are
> still some pubs that don't sell meals, so it doesn't fit pubs.  But I'm
> reading
> it with a British bias.  With that bias, it doesn't even hint at pubs.

Me also: pub = alcohol

do you have restaurants that do not serve alcohol?

> Yes.

Yes, we also have restaurants that are BYO (Bring Your Own [alcohol]) only,
& others, particularly Chinese eat-in or takeaway, that only serve soft
drinks
But even fully licensed restaurants are not, by law, allowed to just serve
alcohol - you have to sit down & have a meal.

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 09:18, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You can get alcohol at gas stations

No

, at Mc Donald’s

No

, at fast food places

*Very* limited

, pubs,

Yes

supermarkets,

Packaged only ie take home, not to drink on the premises

convenience stores

No

, cafes,

Very rare

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 09:41, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

>   I'm not aware of any takeaways near me licensed

I only know of one local take-away fish & chip shop with a liquor licence,
although there are other dine-in or take-aways that have them.
Interestingly enough, that fish & chip shop has been there for years, but
when it closed down last year & the new owner decided to apply for a liquor
licence, it took 6 months before they re-opened, due to the licence
application going through!

Thanks

Graeme