[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:54:46 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 29. Jun 2020, at 12:41, Gábor Fekete <fekgabimr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You would be surprised if you wanted to cure your hunger in a Hungarian cafe. I do not expect (real, nutritious) food in a cafe.

because it seems the term „cafe“ in Britain has a different meaning than it has in Germany, Austria, Hungary (likely some Austrian influences) and other places. At least this is what Paul tells us (I admit I found it more than strange that cafe could be a suitable term for a McDonald‘s, Mc Cafe aside)

Cheers Martin