[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:03:36 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 29. Jun 2020, at 12:18, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it's better to have some kind of high level tag like amenity=drinks or shop=drinks which you order at a counter (as opposed to shop=beverages which is more a shop that has pre-made bottled drinks which you walk around and add to your shopping basket).
>
> The "bubble_tea" part should be left as the cuisine.

I don’t believe it is helpful to cluster all kind of places where you can primarily find something to drink in a generic tag. Bubble tea is very specific, and unless you want bubble tea you would not want to find these when you are thirsty. We already do distinguish places to drink with various tags like bar, cafe, pub, and it does not seem likely that we will deprecate these, so a amenity=drinks or shop=drinks would not promise more consistency or ease of tagging. We also already have shop=wine, shop=beverages and more. I would make bubble_tea a first level tag
(or maybe a subtag for pastry/sweets etc.)

Cheers Martin