[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

德泉 談 tran0408tran0408t at yahoo.com.tw
Mon Jun 29 14:06:31 UTC 2020

I don't think that use tags like cuisine=japanese or italian is a good idea for cafes.

在 2020年6月29日 星期一 下午9:26:30 [GMT+8], Andrew Harvey<andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> 寫道:
> Sorry I wasn't aware of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drink, that makes a lot of sense.
>
> As an aside, it might make sense then to use drink:*= as the kind of drink (chocolate) and cuisine=* to refer to the style/way it is prepared.
>
> So a place that does the thick and rich italian hot chocolate would be amenity=cafe + cusine=italian + drink:chocolate=designated (designated means it's actually signposted as a chocolate cafe rather than just happening to have chocolate on the menu but not the main item).

I believe that drink:*= is an useful tag for users who really want to know what the coffeehouse provides. For example we can add drink:fruit_tea=yes on Starbucks so those who don't like to drink coffee can still go there.

But it's hard to use drink:*= in the iD presets, we can only add a column encouraging mappers to add them.

在 2020年6月29日 星期一 下午9:26:30 [GMT+8], Andrew Harvey<andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> 寫道:
> A place that does japanese style matcha drinks would be amenity=cafe + cuisine=japanese + drink:matcha=designated.

And It's too hard to define all the localize cuisine. I don't know how to tag Starbucks in such scheme.

-Tan