[Tagging] QA Tag for addr:city vs al8/al9 boundary

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Jun 30 12:38:08 UTC 2020

IMHO addr:city is the "postal" city at least for countries that have
such a concept. With other words validating the tag against admin
boundaries is fundamentally flawed to start with and will only work in
the cases in which admin entity and postal city just happen to have the
same name (in the country I'm resident in there are nearly no post code
boundaries that are exactly the same as the administrative boundary with
the same name).

Simon