[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráre?, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:18:28 UTC 2020

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 13:37, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 12:52 +0100, Paul Allen wrote:
>

> However, taking another look at the wiki for fast food, I see it covers
> sit down as well as takeaway only.  Which surprised me (never having
> had to map a McD).
>

> Come to think of it there isn't one in Aberystwyth even?

There was, last time I was there (ten years ago).  Aberystwyth is 30 miles
away
and has its own mappers.  I leave them to it.

> McDonalds is definitely fast food, it certainly doesn't fit either the UK
> or continental definition of a cafe.

I don't see why it doesn't.  A chip shop is fast food, but how about a chip
shop
with a cafe?  If you say it's still fast food, the one I'm thinking of
calls itself
"Pendre Cafe."  Apart from the cuisine, I don't see much difference.  If I
were looking for a cafe to sit down and eat something filling but cheap, I
wouldn't exclude McDonalds from my search.

> Whilst it has tables it is definitely a take away where you can choose to
> sit down or walk out with your food, fast food with seating=yes is a better
> definition.

I'd be happy with that.  Except we don't have seating=yes.  We can
differentiate
with takeaway=yes|no|only.  However, apart from the chip shop and a Greggs,
all
the fast food joints near me that I can recollect are takeaway=only.  So I
don't
get a hint from the icon as to whether I can sit down or not.

--
Paul