[Tagging] Crosses and how to tag them

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:05:27 UTC 2020

You can use man_made=cross for any simple cross, not only for summit
crosses, though those are a common example in Europe.

I think you can use this tag for any cross which is not "historic".

The tag historic=wayside_cross is for "A historical cross, symbol of
christian faith", so any cross which has some historic value.

So if the crosses which you want to map are "always religious and most
of the time historic", probably this tag is more appropriate for most
of them, certainly for all 3 examples which you linked above.

- Joseph Eisenberg