[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Public Transport v3

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:08:34 UTC 2020

I think including the actual route is useful and makes life easier for
downstream users (they don't need a routing engine to show the route),
could this be optional so you can create a public transport route relation
via waypoints only if you prefer as a starting point, but then still allow
it to be completed via the way members.

A bit like how most things can be initially mapped as a node but then are
usually expanded out into an area.

Secondly I don't quite understand the no way member rule of your proposal,
since railways platforms should be a way
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway=platform then including the
platform in the relation means you need to include ways as relation members.