[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Public Transport v3

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:22:47 UTC 2020

So, what about the idea to store the route in a separate route relation, then add it as a  optional member with role "route" to the PT relation?  You will have simplicity at the routing level and completeness at the route level, without interference.
Without all the platforms, stops and waypoints the route itself will be much easier to maintain. If no route member is present, the renderer can approximate using what's in the routing relation.
Same goes for routers. They could use the route as present in the route member, or choose to ignore that and recreate a fresh route along the stops and other waypoints.

Best, Peter Elderson