[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Public Transport v3

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Sun Mar 8 11:43:35 UTC 2020

Hi Joseph and everyone,

On deprecation: we’re just at the comment stage for now; I think it would be premature to call for deprecation. I’d like it to, of course. Do note that all existing PTv2 relations would already be valid PTv3 relations.

On ride_and_hail: in my experience, those are unambiguously definable by points such as intersections or POIs. Drivers connect the dots with the only possible path. If it’s ambiguous, you tell the drivers they always have to go via village x or pass poi y – in other words, you add a via point.

Some ride_and_hail routes are only like that on sections, and this is where I’d particularly like to have your ideas. Have nodes with roles ‘ride_and_hail:start’ and ‘ride_and_hail:stop’?

Guillaume (Stereo)