[Tagging] Add man_made=goods_conveyor to Map Features or vote on the proposal first?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 02:08:54 UTC 2020

> Is it reasonable to support `oneway=no`? I know of one that serves a lime kiln that hauls coal one way and cement the other.

Is the same conveyor reversed from time to time, or are there two
parts, one for the coal and one for the cement?

If it's really the same object which is being used in both directions,
I think oneway=no (or some similar tag) would be a good idea.

The original proposal page suggested that the ways should be mapped in
the direction that the conveyor operates, but I have not checked to
see if mappers have been following that advice or not.

> No objection to rendering this!

I don't have any rendering ideas for this feature in the Openstreetmap
Carto map style, but if someone wants to work on it, see issue 1999:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1999

- Joseph Eisenberg