[Tagging] Addresses with PO Box, and other delivery type addresses.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 05:18:13 UTC 2020

On 20/3/20 9:27 am, Andrew Davidson wrote:
> On 20/03/2020 1:41 am, Tobias Wrede wrote:
>>
>> Mail delivery address I would expect to find under the contact:*
>> scheme if at all.
>>

> Probably under contact:mail, however most of the current values:
>
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/contact%3Amail#values
>
> seem to be contact:email with a small typo.

Also contact: looks to be over taken by simpler tagging of phone: email:

Unfortunately mail looks to be used for mail:second_class, mail:franked etc

Maybe yet another tag mail_address=* ???  (I can hear the hair pulling
from here, thanks.)

Fundamental questions:

What is the key addr for?

For physical addresses only?