[Tagging] Addresses with PO Box, and other delivery type addresses.

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Fri Mar 20 13:48:33 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am 20.03.2020 um 12:30 schrieb Paul Allen:

> One of the parcel
> delivery companies noted for delivering to the wrong
> address (Hermes and DHL, I'm looking at you) has
> dumped a package outside my door.  The address is
> PO Box 123.  Which of the houses near me has that
> mailing address?

I don't get your point here. Either someone wanted a package delivered
to his residence. In that case they gave the wrong address information
to the delivery guys. Should have given them a street/number or whatever
is needed in your area to find the place. Or they wanted to have the
package delivered to their PO Box, then the address information needs to
be tagged to the post office where the PO Box is located and they need
to chose a delivery company able to deliver to PO boxes.

(sorry for reordering)

> So is PO box, etc. useful?  Yep.

I personally cannot really see a usecase. But as long as we tag phone
numbers, websites, fax numbers etc. I cannot see why we should
discourage it, either.

Tobias