[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Refugee Site Location

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:10:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

I followed the recent discussion on the OSM France mailing list.

Maybe there is value in creating a namespace for refugee_site instead of
place=refugee_site, especially if this tag will be sometimes be added to
nodes or areas which have other attributes not directly to being a refugee
site, like a city, town, district, building complex, etc.   Segregating all
refugee_site pertinent information within a "mixed" purpose node/area might
be useful when extracting data using overpass.  If place=refugee_site will
always be a standalone entity, a namespace probably wouldn't add much
value.

Example ...
refugee_site = yes/formal/informal
refugee_site:for = internally_displaced/refugee_only
refugee_site:operator = UNHCR/Red Cross/etc.
refugee_site:duration = permanent/temporary
refugee_site:population = 500,000

Best regards,

Stuart