[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Key:locked

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:48:26 UTC 2020

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 15:31, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are also bicycle storage things with locked access.

Agreed, I've updated the proposal to apply to
bicycle_parking=shed|lockers|building. For example the bicycle cage might
just be there for shelter but not secured with any lock so anyone can get
inside, locked=no, or it could require a swipe card, key or PIN code to
access locked=yes.

> Some are access by key and some access by 'opal' card - a transport card
> usually used to pay for public transport but in this case may be used to
> access a bicycle storage shed.

Opal card (public transport card) I'd say that should be locked=yes since
you need an authorisation token (in this case the card) to access.
locked=yes doesn't imply anything about how widespread or accessible the
key is, just that you need a key.