[Tagging] Updating definition and description of place=square

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 00:22:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 00:08, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

What about a grassy area surrounded by streets.  We call that "town
> common" usually (even though people may not bring their animals to graze
> on it), but we would not call it a square, almost always.

Could be a common or a park, depending.  Not usually a square, though.
Not with grass.  I'm not entirely sure why, but that's how it seems to be.

I have concluded that we have very few squares in the US,

I can think of one US city square which has "square" in the name
(not square shaped, though) that is rather well-known.  If you
can't think of it the ball will drop eventually, at midnight on Dec 31st.

--
Paul