[Tagging] Route names that aren’t names

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 07:38:21 UTC 2020

Is a proposal coming up?

I map and maintain a lot of recreational foot/hiking route relations.Refs
and names of foot routes are never on ways, always on the relations.

I agree that the use of name=* and ref=* does not conform to wiki
documentation, but it's widespread, worldwide.People feel the need to
record this information, and use name, ref, note, comment and description.

If there were a better way AND if I could be sure established renderers and
datausers would handle it AND if the mapper community in Nederland agreed,
I would not hesitate to implement it in the routes I maintain.

Best, Peter Elderson