[Tagging] Route names that aren’t names

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 06:25:40 UTC 2020

Yves:
> We should be able to follow Richard's proposal and re-tag names in name=* and references in ref=* and filling itinerary, operator, etc... along the way.

If I have a long foot trail, divided into 20 legs, should the leg route relations get the name tag of the trail? On the ground, some markings show the route name along the entire route, but most markings are just the symbol.

Note that not all renderings currently show the name or ref of the parent trail relation, most renderings show the names or refs of the separate leg relations. I am not judging this, it's just that when I remove the names and refs, they disappear from those maps.

Best, Peter Elderson