[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electric_bicycle and speed_pedelec

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Fri May 8 13:11:55 UTC 2020

Dear all,
some time ago I started the proposal to define tags for several light
electric vehicles. It turned out to be difficult to come up with names
for keys that unambiguously describes all these vehicles.

During discussion the idea came up to separate the proposal in two
parts. This first proposal covers the two keys electric_bicycle and
speed_pedelec for the two types of bicycles with electric motors that
are recognized by law in several European countries.

The full proposal can be found here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/ElectricBicycles

I would like to ask you for further comments and aim for putting this
proposal up for voting in two weeks from now.

Jan