[Tagging] Tag:amenity=motorcycle_taxi not approved

Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 00:15:31 UTC 2020

在 2020年5月10日週日 07:08,François Lacombe <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com> 寫道:

> Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 19:20, Phake Nick <c933103 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> What you said doesn't make sense.
>> The existence of a space within the word doesn't inherently make them
>> separateable.
>> Like for the tag amenity=charging_station, do you think the space mean ot
>> make sense to change the tagging scheme into amenity=station +
>> station=charging ?
>>

> It depends on what your definition of station is.

As you said, it depends, you can't just break down everything this way just
because they're compounded word.

>> Your interpretation on public transit service is incorrect.
>> When you board a plane from London to Paris, you didn't fly to Paris
>> because they told us they would fly to Paris. You're going to Paris because
>> you have expressed interest in going to Paris. Same with rideshareing or
>> other rented mobility services.
>>

> You're lucky enough to take on planes you define your own destination
> first.
> "Going to Paris" doesn't mean the same for a taxicab and for a plane.
> Even in ridesharing, destination is given by passengers and driver doesn't
> know it before meeting them (face to face or with an app, same actually).
> You don't define the destination reached by plane, by train or by bus.
> This is the difference I make.

You can book a flight ticket through travel agents, ticketing websites,
carrier hotline, or airport counter. You don't need luck to get a flight to
Paris.

>>> We agree on that particular point.
>>> Neverthess that doesn't make a second value of amentiy legit.
>>> OSM would only have one key grouping all possible values if it was
>>> relevant.
>>>

>> I am not aware of such requirement on value ever existing in OSM.
>>

> This was actual irony.

I hope you realize the irony here is that you pulled some rule out of thin
air that didn't exists in OSM.

> Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 20:45, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
> tagging at openstreetmap.org> a écrit :
>

>> Neverthess that doesn't make a second value of amentiy legit.
>>
>> Why?
>>

> Both have taxi service in common but the vehicle is different (and implies
> really different experiences indeed)
> amenity=* represents the taxi service and I find relevant to describe the
> different vehicle in another key.

As have already been explained they are different types of services

>> OSM would only have one key grouping all possible values if it was
>> relevant.
>>
>> Why?
>>

> If you accept to merge similarities and differences in values you don't
> need different keys.
> Who need operator key for instance?
> amenity=taxi_with_cars_operated_by_Acompany
> amenity=taxi_with_motorbikes_operated_by_anotherCompany
> Hey it's way different things, Acompany is really bad compared to
> anotherCompany.

That's a ridiculous comparison, that's like saying we shouldn't have
different tag for office building versus residential building because
people night expand it to make tags like microsoft_office_building.

> Finally, Paul, I find your point about taxonomy thinking interesting and
> will try to develop it a bit in future.
> Get me well, I don't intend to ban anyone from anything.
> Query tools are really important to consume data and my point wasn't to
> downgrade tagging readability in general (nor to encourage K9842=V2179).
> To me tourists and query tools users can only be the same persons at
> different time. I've never used overpass to locate myself in any train
> station, that's all.
>
> In proposal, arguing amenity=taxi/amenity=motorbike_taxi will better
> prevent errors than amenity=taxi + vehicle=* doesn't convince me : mappers
> are always able to confuse two services, whatever the tagging they use can
> be.
>
> That was my 2 cts, good night

So you're saying people would be confused by a motorcycle taxi and think
they're a 4-wheeled taxi, or they might look at a 4-wheeled taxi and think
it is a motorcycle taxi?