[Tagging] Meaning of "administrative" in boundary=administrative, in your country?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu May 14 11:44:36 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-14 13:15, Paul Allen wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 2020 at 11:21, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> [Sub-divisions of health boards in Wales]
>
>> I am sure someone knows where the boundaries are.
>
> Yes,  But that doesn't mean they're making the information public.  I had a
> brief look around Hywel Dda's site and couldn't find even a statement that
> they covered the three counties of Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and
> Pembrokeshire.  The only place I found a list of the sub-divisions was
> on Wikipedia, but I couldn't see any pointer to the original source ofthose lists.

This indicates that the health board boundaries are maintained by the
Welsh Government (i.e. not by NHS Wales):
https://gov.wales/written-statement-health-board-boundary-change-bridgend

This shows that each Principal Area is covered by one health board
http://esriuktechnicalsupportopendata-techsupportuk.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/680c9b730655473787cb594f328a86fa_0?selectedAttributes%5B%5D=UA19CD&chartType=bar&uiTab=table