[Tagging] relations & paths

s8evq s8evqq at runbox.com
Fri May 15 10:12:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 11:28:42 +0200 (CEST), Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> BTW, I remember proposal about named roles and
> that some people stuff signposts into route relations.

I also never added signposts in route relations before.

The original proposal on roles in hiking relations (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/hiking_trail_relation_roles) has stranded. Probably tried to achieve too much at once? There is now a slimmed down proposal made by Peter Elderson focusing on just the basic roles (alternative, excursion, approach, connection) https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Recreational_route_relation_roles

For example, one of your remarks, that we should have a way to indicate one way restrictions for pedestrians is not included in Peter Eldersons proposal.