[Tagging] Permanent ID/URI --- off topic email

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:01:38 UTC 2020

Thank you all for responding. I've commented in order

Dear François & Jo,

There are 240,000 drinking fountains  nodes (with the two tag forms) tagged
globally. Although, your suggestion seems a reasonable one, unless there is
master plan for unique id maintenance,  I am loathe to adding ref tags
which might end up being poorly maintained stale pollution.

Dear Mateusz,

If I understand correctly, I can query the database for historic data
states.  For how long is the historic data maintained ?  Do all of the
servers below have the historic data ?

'https://lz4.overpass-api.de/api/interpreter';
' https://overpass-api.de/api/interpreter';
'https://overpass.kumi.systems/api/interpreter';
'http://overpass.openstreetmap.fr/api/interpreter';
'https://z.overpass-api.de/api/interpreter';
'https://overpass.nchc.org.tw';

Dear Simon,

What do you mean by  "+ version" ? Are you referring to a timestamp or a
something else ?

For ways, which I am only starting to look to consider, maybe I could look
for objects with a similar geometric center for the replacement object.

Best regards,

Stuart