[Tagging] Permanent ID/URI --- off topic email

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue May 19 10:22:16 UTC 2020

Am 19.05.2020 um 12:01 schrieb European Water Project:
> Dear Simon,
>
> What do you mean by  "+ version" ? Are you referring to a timestamp or
> a something else ?

The version of the object, so lets look at

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/416064315 (version 7)

But you could equally simply lookup

https://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/416064315/7

or if you had an older version

https://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/416064315/4 (version 4)

these links are guaranteed to always return the same object, frozen in time.

Simon