[Tagging] Permanent ID/URI --- off topic email

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:09:44 UTC 2020

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 11:50, European Water Project <
europeanwaterproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not want to send people to the node on OpenStreetMap via a url ... I
> agree this would not be friendly to the user experience.

It's better than nothing, but not a lot better.

> There are two places where it would be helpful to have a permanent id
> associated with the osm object.
>
> 1) When a contributeur takes a  picture of a fountain via the web app
> image capture feature :
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbYC1xwsjCySv1g9LPHx3zX07SNtCeuI
> It would be nice to give a "permanent" link to the image to the user so
> that they can save the image and share it with friends. I currently save
> the image with a name closely related to the osm node id.

I'm not impressed by the way that link displays the image, but if that's
all you have
then that's all you have.  Why not add it to the node as image=*?

2) I would like to create a permanent link which when clicked takes the
> user to a map centered at the osm object and then overlays a small popup
> with the object features (including the image).

Assuming you can find the node in the first place, then you can find its
location, and from that display the map.  Here is a node for a cafe
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3257861861 with location displayed as
a link.  Here is what I get by clicking on that link:

It gets harder to find the location for a cafe mapped as a building.  But
visiting one of the nodes of the object will get you close enough.

The simpler the solution the better.

Maybe the source code for
http://gk.historic.place/historische_objekte/l/en/index.html?zoom=18&lat=52.08193&lon=-4.66055&detail=3&pid=HaHbHcSaHe
 can give you some ideas.  He highlights historical=* and heritage=*,
clicking
on them gives things like
http://gk.historic.place/historische_objekte/l/en/index.html?zoom=18&lat=52.08209&lon=-4.66055&detail=3&pid=HaHbHcSaHe&select=n5388183063

--