[Tagging] Fwd: Section numbers in hiking routes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat May 23 18:37:39 UTC 2020

For now, I just want an alternative for the section/segment/leg numbers or
refs that are often in the name tag now.
They are there to get neat ordered lists in tools and applications. That
seems to work fine, but it abuses the name tag, which I am told is a
problem for searching routines. A name tag should contain a proper name as
found on the street, and nothing else, that's the short version of some
very long rants I have encountered...

At the moment, I move comments, descriptions, distance and trail refs to
the appropriate tags.
From-via-to information I copy to the from, via and to tags.
I just need a nice and intuitive tag to copy the ordering information to.

Vr gr Peter Elderson