[Tagging] Access tag abuse examples

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon May 25 08:39:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 01:48:20AM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> Wrong tagging is not interesting by itself.
>
> I was looking for real-world situation where
>
> (1) there is some seemingly good overcomplicated tagging
> (2) there is a good and simpler replacement

The classic case is that people to not use "vehicle" or "motor_vehicle"
but tag all individual subtypes individually, sometimes even
with their parent.

So there is no need for

	motorcycle=destination
	goods=destination
	hgv=destination
	car=destination
	mofa=destination

When there is a "motor_vehicle=destination"

Some mappers live under the impression that the more they tag the
better. So it is important to tell them to match the best and most exact
scope of the signage.

Most signs just exclude all vehicles or all motor_vehicles. So no needs
to list them individually. We have a tag for that.

Flo