[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Tue Nov 3 21:07:18 UTC 2020

I also think the *electricity:grid=yes/no/backup* and
*electricity:generator=yes/no/backup* tags are clearer and would allow
for off-grid buildings to be tagged more distinctly.

The electricity tag isn't used a lot yet. I have no experience with
automated or semi-automated edits, but perhaps changing electricity=none
and electricity=grid to electricity:grid=yes would be relatively
straightforward? (This is unfortunately the problem with people adding
major undiscussed/proposed tags to the main wiki. Especially
power_supply is frustrating. )

What do others think about the tag options

    electricity:grid=yes/no/backup
    electricity:generator=yes/no/backup
    electricity=yes
    electricity=no

[electricity=yes would be used when grid or generator is unknown]
instead of

    electricity=grid
    electricity=generator
    electricity=yes