[Tagging] How to tag a threshing floor

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:56:32 UTC 2020

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 11:37, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> We also have historic=wayside_shrine that is used for ones that are not
> historic at all.

Those are tagging errors, then.

> Overall man_made=threshing_floor seems OK, though tagging also
> historic=threshing_floor
> for old ones seems fitting.

This may be a losing battle but I'll point out (once again) that historic
is not
a synonym for old, disused or repurposed.  It is for objects that are of
historic interest - not just old (how old is old, anyway?) but which are
in some way historically noteworthy.  A threshing floor where a
general planned a decisive battle might be of historic interest, an
old threshing floor where nothing ever happened but threshing probably
isn't.

--
Paul