[Tagging] How to tag a threshing floor

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:51:14 UTC 2020

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 17:25, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Nov 5, 2020, 13:56 by pla16021 at gmail.com:
>
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 11:37, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
> tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>

> We also have historic=wayside_shrine that is used for ones that are not
> historic at all.
>

> Those are tagging errors, then.
>
> What would be even correct tag for them?

Bear in mind that I indulge in lateral thinking that some might
describe as "outside the box" although others prefer to say
that I am out of my box...

To the extent that some of them are places to pray, then
amenity=place_of_worship seems to fit.  Possibly
needs a subtag.

To the extent that some of them are memorials to road
accidents, historic=memorial + memorial=wayside_shrine.

To the extent that some of them were waymarkers for
pilgrims, marker=wayside_shrine.

One size doesn't fit all since there are (at least)
three different types.

--
Paul