[Tagging] How to tag a threshing floor

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Fri Nov 6 20:08:29 UTC 2020

This is not correct. Threshing floors do not have protected status in
Portugal. There are some that are included in open air museums and maybe
in archaelogical sites, but there are thousands all over the country and
only maybe 10 or 20 are "protected".
As I said, they're still used, although rarely with the original intent.

Here's a proposal on how to map these features, from the Portuguese
mailing list:
*
man_made=threshing_floor*
    (**) "man_made" is mandatory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshing_floor

*historic=threshing_floor
*
    (***) "historic" is optional, but *highly recommended*, if
"historic" is relevant
https://taghistory.raifer.tech/#***/historic/threshing_floor

*surface=paving_stones*|*
    (****)  optional, any value admissible for tag "surface"