[Tagging] Basic cartography features missing, why?

Anders Torger anders at torger.se
Sat Nov 7 10:34:32 UTC 2020

Sorry, I'm no expert so I should have been more humble and not state it
as a "fact". I *think* multipolygon was supposed to be a way to make
single entities of complex shapes, and these groups are not really
single entities, but multiple entities with single names, and thus I
find it "superior" to have a specific tag for that. I'm satisfied with
using a multipolygon though, and that is what I do now. This group
naming is fairly common where I map that I need it now and can't wait
until some unspecified time in the future when a specific group tag
might be rendered.

I suppose you could turn the argument around and say that it's better to
use multipolygon and not add bloat with a specific tag. And when the
state is as it is, the multipolygon way is the closest to actually do
what we need, I can agree with that. I'm all for results.

/Anders