[Tagging] Basic cartography features missing, why?

Anders Torger anders at torger.se
Sat Nov 7 18:42:34 UTC 2020

Yes good point. Actually, I don't even know if cartography makes the top
ten list of how OSM data is used. Does it?

For me personally cartography is *the* thing, and I guess I am guilty
for arguing from my own perspective. Sure I use basic road routing
capabilities too that stem from the data, but what makes it satisfactory
for me to map more than just basic roads (which I indeed do a lot of) is
that I see my data resulting in good looking and useful cartography
(which today leaves some basic key things to be desired in my humble
opinion).