[Tagging] Mapping terraced, irrigated farmland (e.g. rice paddies)?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 08:09:42 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 8. Nov 2020, at 07:46, Cascafico Giovanni <cascafico at gmail.com> wrote:
> retaining wall [1] is applicable to whatever area

retaining wall is only applicable to linear features, and while it could be used here, it would make both, reading the map (looking for terraced fields) and mapping, more complicated than necessary (it would mean using 2 objects for every field, which have to be brought into relation).
IMHO for a terraced field a specific tag would make sense 

Is maybe “embankment” applicable?

Cheers Martin 

More information about the Tagging mailing list