[Tagging] Basic cartography features missing, why?

Anders Torger anders at torger.se
Mon Nov 9 12:12:56 UTC 2020

A question, is this database only intended for very large polygons, or
also rather small?

>From my mapping perspective here in Sweden fuzzy polygons exist down to
say ~1 km size (generally speaking names of hills, valleys, peninsulas
etc). In fact the most I run into is in the 2 - 10 km size. I also come
across many bays and straits of similar sizes, those can be defined (and
rendered) in OSM already today, but I now understand that many don't
like that they exist, so maybe those should be managed in this type of
separate database too?