[Tagging] Deprecate water=pond?

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 05:53:50 UTC 2020

I normally use the name of the body of water, e.g. Foo Pond gets water=pond
and Bar Lake gets water=lake.  It's not clear to me that they have a
distinction beyond customary naming, and in my area there are ponds bigger
than lakes, though usually the lakes are larger.  If there is no
distinction beyond size, I agree that these tags are redundant, much in the
way that place=island and place=islet are: the comparative size can be
obtained from the geometry.