[Tagging] Defining the meaning of capacity tag for tourism=camp_site

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 22:59:53 UTC 2020

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 20:27, Sven Geggus <lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de>
wrote:

> While the wiki clearly states that capacity means people a lot of mappers
> seem to think that the number of camp-pitches is meant.
>
> The problem is, that both numbers seem to make sense on different types of
> camp-sites.  While the (maximum) Number of people is interesting on
> group-only, scout and backcountry sites, there is no such thing on
> camping/caravaning sites at all.
>
> In the latter case we are typically talking about the maximum number of
> tents
> and caravans while the number of people using the site is usually not
> limited.
>
> As a response to my diary Entry Lyx suggestest two new tags:
>
> We already have "maxtents" and we could simply add "maxcaravans" and
> "maxvisitors" deprecating capacity in case of camp-sites.
>
> Similar in spirit would be deprecating "maxtents" unsing "capacity:tents",
> "capacity:caravans" and  "capacity:visitors" in future.

Sorry to be a bit late responding here but I'm just catching up after a
week away, spent camping in our caravan! :-)

The camping / caravan ground we went to is 60 acres / 24 hectares in area.
Most of it is available for set-up-anywhere-you-like camping in tent /
camper-trailer /  caravan / whatever, with no provision for power or water
to the individual site (pitch).

Over in one corner, there are also 30 powered sites (pitches). Of these, 2
are reserved for tents, 2 for motorhomes / 5th-wheel (very large!)
caravans, & the other 26 for normal caravans / camper trailers. All of
these powered sites have an allowed capacity of 6 people only, which means
one "caravan", plus possibly a tent, on each site.

The park overall also has a max. capacity of 1000 people.

So how do we tag it?

Thanks

Graeme