[Tagging] Deprecate water=pond?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:32:27 UTC 2020

>From what I understood to me it also seems desirable to distinguish a
"lake" from a "pond", although there may be edge cases and no clear cut
between both, for many cases it will be clear which one to choose. Maybe
most could be solved by depth and surface dimensions, but we are generally
missing the depth information so in practise we can not rely on it.
I am still not completely sure which water bodies can be characterized as a
pond (e.g. do all these German words apply: "Teich", "Tümpel", "Weiher"?
What about "Lache" and "Soll"?) May a pond fall dry? Is there a minimum
dimension?

Cheers,
Martin